Job: Data Scientist / Engineer
|Active since||22-06-2016||Job category||Science, research & development|
|Location||Burlingame||Level||Entry level / Graduate|
|Educational level||Bachelor / Graduate||Employment type||-|
We’re working to transform millions of lives through better behavioral health care. That means building products that are accessible through a wide variety of devices and deliver robust, responsible, and delightful user experiences.
We believe that better data is a critical part of the solution, and we’re looking for Data Scientists and Data Engineers to join our team of data, engineering, and health experts.
We’re building data sets to accurately represent knowledge about patients, providers, and treatments. More importantly, we’re using that data to connect patients to the right providers and to measure effectiveness of care.
Here are some examples of what we’re working on:
- Creating a comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge base of behavioral health providers by unifying proprietary and public data sources.
- Ensuring the accuracy of our data through algorithmic validation (e.g., relating provider data to claims data) and crowdsourcing.
- Building data infrastructure to ingest and transform data on patients, treatments, and outcomes.
- Developing machine learning models for matching patients to providers and optimizing effectiveness of care.
- Deriving insights from exploratory analysis that drive a data-informed process for experimenting with new products to improve patient outcomes.
- Fancy degrees and titles. We’ve got some of those, and it’s ok if you do too. But we care about what you can actually do, not the letters after your name.
What we do care about:
- Your experience. Your experience. We're a small team, so we need people who can ramp up quickly and be productive in our environment, even as you learn new things along the way. Coding experience required, with a strong preference for people with at least some industry experience working with Python, C/C++, Java, SQL, or Scala.
- How you develop ideas and insights with data – that’s what we do! We need analytical minds and quantitative thinkers.
- That you’re a self-starter and a quick study. We’re a startup, so everyone contributes to design, product, front end, and back end.
- Your high standards and judgment on what matters. We appreciate people who want to excel at everything, but who know how to prioritize must-haves over nice-to-haves.
- Your desire to make a difference in people’s health and well-being. We care deeply about making a difference in people’s lives, and we hope you do too!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Science, research & development
|Industry / Industries||
Medical / Health
|Keywords||big data science|